Looking for hands on learning? Join licensed educator Bethany Wright for Online LEGO Learning classes! These live online classes (hosted on Zoom; video camera is required) will have a scientific, engineering, or historical focus. Students will have the opportunity to construct a LEGO build inspired by the focus topic and to explain the features of their builds. Because LEGO is a family event, the cost is one flat rate per family.
FAQ: If my child has a friend over, can they join in? Absolutely!
There are a plethora of passive streaming opportunities. Online LEGO Learning is different. Get active, get building, and get interactive in real time with others!
Questions? Contact Bethany.
Each session features all new builds and challenges! Online class space is limited to around 20 families/screens. Classes are offered once a week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays*, or Fridays at 1:30pm EST/12:30pm CT.
*Thursdays are reserved for students ages 12+ and is limited to 14 students. If you have a 12+yo taking on Thursdays and younger students taking another day of the week, please fill out the form twice – once for each day. Some families who have students on Thursdays + another day have generously paid for each class. Though this is not required, it is greatly appreciated!
FAQ: Is there a recommended age range for this class? Any age is welcome! Playing with LEGO is a family event. Excited younger siblings may want to join — and that’s great! The only restriction is that Thursdays are specifically reserved for students ages 12+.
Class runs approximately one hour, but may go a little longer or a little less as time is given to interact personally with each student. Make up times will be given should the teacher get sick.
Registration is NOT complete until payment has been received, payable via this PayPal link. Payment secures your place in class. Payment confirmation is sent within 72 hours of payment. Zoom ID info is sent the weekend before the session starts, with reminders the day of class. You will need to download the Zoom app beforehand. Tuition is non-refundable, but is transferable to future classes. If your family is in need, contact Bethany for a scholarship price.
Register Now For:
Dec Session: Week of Nov 30 through week of December 14
THREE WEEKS – $24 (Registration opens October 19)
Mondays at 1:30 EST (November 30 – December 14) – FULL
Tuesdays at 1:30 EST (December 1 – December 15) – FULL
Thursdays at 1:30 EST (December 3 – December 17) *for ages 12+, limited to 14 students*
Fridays at 1:30 EST (December 4 – December 18) – FULL
Jan Session: Week of January 11 through week of January 25
THREE WEEKS – $24 (Registration opens December 7)
Feb Session: Week of February 8 through week of March 1
FOUR WEEKS – $32 (Registration opens January 18)
Mar-Apr Session: Week of March 22 through week of April 12
FOUR WEEKS – $32 (Registration opens February 22)
May Session: Week of May 3 through week of May 24
FOUR WEEKS – $32 (Registration opens April 5)
FAQ: What happens if I miss a class? After each class a recap email is sent out to parents with a class photo of builds, a review of what we talked about, links to going deeper with the material at home, a preview of the next week, and a pre-recorded video of the week’s lesson.
1. Before class starts, download the free Zoom app to your phone, tablet, or computer (with a camera). In order for this to work well, I will need to see your student and they will need to see me.
2. You will receive log in instructions the weekend before the new session starts. Those instructions include a Zoom ID and password. When you input these into Zoom, it will take you to a waiting room where I will approve you in.
3. Make sure you hit “accept/agree” to use internet calling and video. You can log in to the waiting room 5 minutes early and class will start at 1:30 EST/12:30 CST.
4. Expect the class to last about an hour, give or take a few minutes as I intentionally give each student time to show and explain their build.
4. Have a way to prop up a phone or tablet so I can see your student’s face (and not the ceiling).
5. Your student will need to have a container of LEGO ready to build with. Whatever LEGO you have on hand will work! I STRONGLY recommend having a baseplate, which you can purchase online for $5-6. Need to order more basic parts? Look for Classic LEGO sets.
6. I recommend setting an alarm on your phone so you don’t forget. I have mine set!