Looking for hands on learning? Join certified educator Bethany from Dayton Bricks and Bots for Online LEGO Learning classes! These live online classes (hosted on Zoom; video camera is required) will have a scientific, engineering, or historical focus. Students will have the opportunity to construct a LEGO build inspired by the focus topic and to explain the features of their builds. Because LEGO is a family event, the cost is one flat rate per family.
FAQ: If my child has a friend over, can they join in? Absolutely!
There are a plethora of passive streaming opportunities. Online LEGO Learning is different. Get active, get building, and get interactive in real time with others!
Questions? Contact Dayton Bricks and Bots.
Each session features new builds and new challenges! Online class space is limited to 20 families/screens. Classes are offered once a week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays*, or Fridays at 1:30pm EST/12:30pm CT.
*Thursdays are reserved for students ages 12+ and is limited to 14 students. If you have a 12+yo taking on Thursdays and younger students taking another day of the week, please fill out the form twice (once for each day).
FAQ: Is there a recommended age range for this class? Any age is welcome! Playing with LEGO is a family event and excited younger siblings may want to join — and that’s great! The only restriction is that Thursdays are specifically reserved for students ages 12+.
Classes run approximately one hour, but may go a little longer or a little less. Make up times will be given if the teacher gets sick.
Registration is NOT complete until payment has been received. Payable via this PayPal link. Payment secures your place in class. Payment confirmation is sent within 72 hours of payment. Zoom ID info is sent the weekend before the session starts, with reminders the day of class. You will need to download the Zoom app beforehand. Tuition is non-refundable, but is transferable to future classes. If your family is in need, contact Bethany for a scholarship price.
Upcoming Class Sessions:
August Session: Week of August 17 through week of August 31: THREE WEEKS – $21
Mondays at 1:30 EST (August 17 – August 31) – FULL
Tuesdays at 1:30 EST (August 18 – September 1) – FULL
Thursdays at 1:30 EST (August 20 – September 3) *for ages 12+, limited to 14 students* – 9 spots left
Fridays at 1:30 EST (August 21 – September 4) – FULL
Sep-Oct Session: Week of September 14 through week of October 5: FOUR WEEKS – $28
Oct-Nov Session: Week of October 19 through week of November 9: FOUR WEEKS – $28
Dec Session: Week of November 30 through week of December 14: THREE WEEKS – $21
FAQ: What happens if I miss a class? After each class a recap email is sent out to parents with a class photo of builds, a recap of what we talked about, an optional LEGO building challenge, a preview of the next week, and a special video recording of the week’s lesson.
1. Download the free Zoom app to your phone, tablet, or computer (with a camera). In order for this to work well, I will need to see your student and they will need to see me.
2. Once you complete registration and payment, you will receive log in instructions the weekend before the new session starts. Those instructions include an ID and password, which you will enter into Zoom. This will take you to a “waiting room” where I will approve you in.
3. Make sure you hit “accept/agree” to use internet calling and video. You can start logging in at 1:25 EST and class will start at 1:30 EST/12:30 CST.
4. Expect the class to last about an hour. Students are welcome to show off other LEGO builds at the end.
4. Have a way to prop up a phone or tablet so I can see your student’s face (and not the ceiling).
5. Your student will need to have a container of LEGO ready to build with. Whatever LEGO you have on hand will work! Although HIGHLY recommend having a baseplate and wheels. Need to order something online? Look for Classic LEGO sets.
6. I recommend setting an alarm on your phone so you don’t forget. I have mine set!